- What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files or pieces of information that are stored on your computer or mobile device (such as a smartphone or tablet) when you visit our Digital Media. A cookie will usually contain the name of the website/application from which the cookie has come from, the duration of the cookie (i.e. how long the cookie will remain on your device), and a value, which is usually a randomly generated unique number.
Cookies can do this because our Digital Media can read and write these files, enabling them to recognise you and remember important information that will make your use of our Digital Media more convenient (for example by remembering preference settings).
- What are the different types of cookies we use?
The types of cookies that we may use can be either session or persistent, or first party or third party cookies.
- Persistent cookies are used to save your login information and remember your settings for future logins to our Digital Media. A persistent cookie is a cookie stored as a file on your computer, and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the Digital Media that created it when you visit it again.
- Session ID cookies are used to enable certain features of our Digital Media and services, to better understand how you interact with our Digital Media and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing. Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser. They usually store an anonymous session identifier on your computer allowing you to browse a website / application (for example) without having to log in to each page.
- First party cookies are our own cookies, which we use to improve your experience. No third party has access to the information we collect through our own cookies.
- Third party cookies are cookies placed on our Digital Media by third parties to provide their services, including advertising cookies. They set cookies (third party cookies) on your device on our behalf when you visit our Digital Media to allow them to deliver the services they are providing. You will find more information about these cookies in their privacy policies.
Essential cookies are first party cookies which are strictly necessary for our Digital Media to work and to use its services and features. Without these cookies, our Digital Media will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like it to and we may not be able to provide the Digital Media or certain services or features thereof you request.
We also use technical cookies which allow our Digital Media to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) for customization and personalization purposes. These cookies do not gather any information about you that will be used for advertising purposes or to remember your browsing history on the internet.
These cookies are necessary to the operation of our Digital Media, are considered as non-privacy intrusive cookies improving internet experience and therefore they do not necessitate consent and you cannot opt-in or opt-out to their use.
b. Social Media Plug-in Cookies
We use buttons to enable sharing of pages with social networking sites. These buttons may place a third party cookie on your device, which could gather usage information.
Our Digital Media uses the following social media cookies:
To opt out of being tracked by the Facebook Social Media Button and Twitter Social Media Button on all the websites you visit, go to the General Account Settings of your Facebook and Twitter accounts, locate and click the opt-out link.
To opt-out of being tracked only on our websites/applications, please notify our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
Our Digital Media may also use Google Analytics cookies. These third party cookies collect information about how you use and move around our Digital Media. For example, these will keep track of what pages are most visited, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, to administer the Digital Media, to track users’ movements around our Digital Media and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Our Digital Media use the following analytical cookies:
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics cookies on all the websites you visit, go to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To opt-out of being tracked only on this Website, please notify our Data Protection Officer at at firstname.lastname@example.org
We work with third-party advertising companies to serve ads while you are visiting our Digital Media and permit these companies to place and access their own cookies on your device in the course of serving advertisements on our Digital Media. These companies may use information obtained through their cookie (which does not include your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number) about your visits to our and other websites/applications, in combination with non-personally identifiable information about your purchases and interests from other online sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Our Digital Media uses the following advertising cookies:
To opt out of being tracked by Google advertising cookies on all the websites you visit, go to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To opt-out of being tracked only on our Digital Media, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
e. Flash cookies
We also use Flash Cookies (also known as Local Stored Objects) and similar technologies to personalize and enhance your online experience.
You can learn how to manage Flash Cookies by visiting the following website: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager06.html.
Please note that rejecting Flash cookies is likely to mean that our Digital Media will not operate properly and accordingly you will not be able to take full advantage of the Digital Media.
To opt-out of being tracked only on our Digital Media, please email our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How long are cookies stored?
Cookies will have a maximum retention period after being placed on the user's terminal as required by applicable law.
- How to contact us ?
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please email our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.